Gulf Shield is independently certified ‘gold standard’ as part of its determination to raise standards across the sector
Since its founding, Gulf Shield has been committed of setting and adhering to the highest possible professional and ethical standards. We understand the need to guarantee excellence through outstanding services, total integrity and precision of compliance. Gulf Shield will not sacrifice reputation and quality for short-term gain.
Gulf Shield is a pioneer in implementing the effective regulations of the private security industry. We aim towards effective national and international regulation for the private security sector as a whole.
Gulf Shield volunteered to become one of only two local companies to be independently certified to the American standard PSC-1 in January 2015. By December 2015 certification had been extended and Gulf Shield was certified as ‘gold standard’ for the delivery of our services.
Certification to PSC-1 is an important differentiator and will allow clients to gauge the level of trust they can have in security firms operating in high risk locations. For example, compliance with PSC-1 will be a requirement for all US government work.
Other key commitments include:
- Key contributor to the development of the International Code of Conduct (ICoC).
- Supported the establishment of the ICoC Association (ICoCA) set up to provide international oversight and monitoring of the industry. Founding signatory to ICoCA.
- Contributor to the development of PSC-1, a US-led standard against which all private security companies globally can be independently assessed for conformity with the ICoC.
- Adopting an Internal Code of Conduct and Code of Business Conduct, which all employees, advisors and sub-contractors agree to follow.
- In 2013 Gulf Shield gaining ISO 9001:2000 status, recognising the quality of our administrative and management systems. We remain compliant and certified to ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS BSI 18001.
- Embedding corporate social responsibility through our activities including through the Gulf Shield Foundation charity established in 20.